I’ve craved sweets most of this pregnancy, especially chocolate. That’s been something new for me, because I’m not much of a chocolate person! BUT I have to say that these are some of the most delicious chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had.
The recipe is fairly simple, which is a must right now. Also, the cookies stay soft well after – no dry and crumbled cookies here! Everyone couldn’t get enough of them, especially mama.
As always I added a few tips of my own after testing the recipe for myself.
Recipe | The Sweet Savory Life
Ingredients: What You Need!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1.5 cups brown sugar (I used light brown)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp smallish-medium coarse sea salt or kosher
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour (12 ounces) If at all possible, please weigh the flour
- 2¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees. This is not a typo.. three hundred and sixty.
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until it is nice and fluffy (approx. 3 minutes on medium-high speed on a Kitchenaid)
- Add both eggs and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes on medium.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour until cookie batter is fully incorporated.
- Finally add chocolate chips until well distributed. The cookie batter should be somewhat thick.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough or use a medium cookie scoop and plop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes. Don’t skip this step!!
- Pick up the parchment paper with the cookies still on top and transfer to a cool non-porous surface.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the paper for at least 3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Another crowd favorite and I’m thrilled because I can add this recipe to my list! If you make the cookies share and let me know what you think! Happy baking friends.